If you want to be healthy, you should change your lifestyle. Your motto: “say “no” to lying on the couch! Get up and do exercises!” Stress is the main enemy of immunity, so chase away bad feelings and do not be nervous. Try to get as much positive emotions as possible. It is better to begin the strengthening of the immune system with food.
1. Vitamins and minerals. The most important vitamins for the immune system are A, B5, C, D, F, PP. Almost all plant foods, especially yellow and red (carrots, red pepper, melon, tomato, pumpkin) contain beta-carotene, which transforms into vitamin A. Vitamin A and carotene are responsible for the response of immune system to invading antigens, in addition to some extent they can protect against cancer.
The main sources of vitamin C are known to everyone: black currant, wild rose, citrus, sea buckthorn, parsley, sour cabbage, lemon. Deficiency of this vitamin reduces the rate of antibody production, but the sufficiency of vitamin C is a guarantee of full production of immune cells.
B vitamins can be found in the seeds, bread, wholegrain, nuts, buckwheat, bean, germinated grains, mushrooms, cheese. There are a lot of antioxidants of vitamin E in nuts, seeds and germinated grains. They that protect cells from damage. Another source of vitamin E is crude oil.
Minerals. Selenium, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, iodine and manganese. There are a lot of mineral content in plant foods: nuts, beans, seeds, whole grains, cocoa and dark chocolate.
• High quality protein: meat, fish, beans. It is recommended to eat meat or fish every day, but the beans, peas or lentils should be eaten 1-2 times a week;
• Vegetables, fruits and berries. Carrots, beets, cabbage, beans, radishes, red peppers, pomegranates, raisins, prunes, black chokeberry, apricots, apples, red grapes, cranberries, walnuts, horseradish, garlic, onion and red wine, juices with pulp (grape , beet, tomato, pomegranate);
• Seafood. Unsaturated fatty acids are contained in fish and seafood, which greatly increase the body’s defense. But prolonged cooking destroys healthy nutrients. It is recommended to eat squid and seaweed;
• Foods, which contain potassium. There is a lot of potassium in potatoes, apricots, nuts, buckwheat and oats;
• Dairy products. Especially those, which contain live bacteria. Different biokefir and bioyoghurt increase the production of interferon, so take them and use for salads and cold soups. They contain methionine, which contributes to the removal of radionuclides from the body;
• Green tea is the best tool for excretion of radionuclides;
Particularly healthy. Include in your diet as often as possible such products: broccoli, carrots, dairy products with bio-additives, strawberries, kiwi, pumpkin, salmon, pine nuts, olive oil, turkey meat, citrus fruits. Add to you dish such greens: parsley, dill, celery leaves and roots. A remarkable effect have such products: pumpkins, squash, patissons;
3. Probiotics. It is healthy to eat more products, which increase the growth of beneficial bacteria in the organism. They are known as «probiotic» products: onions and leeks, garlic, artichokes, and bananas;
4. Gifts of nature. Such remedies, which enhance immunity, are: Echinacea, ginseng, licorice, Siberian ginseng, lemongrass. You can take herbal tinctures and teas as curative and preventive remedies.
5. Cleaning the body. According to experts, even with adequate intake of vitamin and minerals, there is slag in our organism. It leads to a decrease of the body’s defense. Cleaning diet is considered to be the most effective method of getting rid of toxins. At least for a week forget about alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, red meat, flour, sugar, semi-finished products. Eat brown rice, fruits and steamed vegetables. You should take alkaline mineral water, because it has immunostimulatory properties and is cleans the body from the toxins.
5. Hardening. Swimming, pouring and douches help you to get stronger. The interchange of high and low temperatures is a great training for the immune system. Baths and saunas have perfect tempering effect. If you don’t have the opportunity to go to the bath or sauna, contrasting douche will be a perfect alternative. Do not forget to rub the body with a damp washcloth or a rough towel after the shower.
6. Active lifestyle. Exercises: gym, aerobics, fitness, jogging, swimming, long walks, shaping. You can also choose different fitness equipment according to your taste, mood and pocketbook. But do not overdo with it! Experts say, that it is not good for your health to make a lot of exercises.
7. Relaxation. When you get home after work lie down on the couch, close your eyes and try to think of something pleasant, breathing deeply and evenly. You can turn on quiet music. It is the perfect way to get rid of the fatigue.